On this blog, I deconstruct how we can make consistently successful apps. It’s written for anyone with an app idea and the motivation to realise it.
You Will Learn
- How to avoid expensive mishaps and inefficient solutions from being implemented.
- Methods on how to grow your app. How to get and keep users.
- How to reduce development costs by focusing your efforts and become better in communicating your concept.
- Learn how to make sure that your app interface is predictable and convenient. So that people will want to keep using it.
- How to monetise your app and increase sales. That, by reducing the frustration of the potential buyer and motivate them to a purchase.
- Easily identify opportunities. With testing and research we can quantify the needs and wants of the target audience.
- How to gain a competitive advantage. With well-researched design, you're able to deliver a more usable and engaging experience than your competitor.
- Increase your credibility as an app maker. Because, good design increases the perception of quality, competence, and professionalism.
My Guiding Principles for This Blog
- Write avoiding unnecessary jargon. Clarity above all.
- Never leave an article outdated. Update blog posts when I learn new things.
- Be fair and honest in what I share.
- Question assumptions and research from first principle on.
- No filler to reach word counts and SEO benchmarks. Every paragraph as valuable as the other.
- Create a great user experience as visitors navigate the website.
- Be transparent and fair.
My Credibility, Education, and Career
I started my branding company once I finished my degree in marketing and international communications. Eventually, I moved to the design of digital products.
That lead me to land a job as a UX/UI designer at an IT company. Accelerating my skills. A few years in I gradually changed to the position of Product Designer. I’ve worked with teams from Daimler, Sony, Recaro, Viacom and more. Even won an award for one of my app designs.
Now, more than 10 years later, I decided to provide something valuable to entrepreneurs like me. People with great app ideas that are unsure on how to start.
He is a perfect listener as well as idea giver, with wide horizons on various tech, design and all related topic, always open for suggestions. [..] If I would establish my own company, Geffrey will be the first I want to have on board. — Michal Galeziowski, iOS Developer and Consultant
How to Contact Geffrey van der Bos
This blog is build on Grav CMS with a theme I put together myself. It's hosted on a shared server from Namecheap. The domain-name is registered there as well.
My URL Shortener (geff.re) is done with Yourls.
Manrope is the typeface you are reading this in. (If you allowed it to load.)
I keep track of ideas and posts in Ulysses. I've made Siri shortcuts that allow me to dictate quick thoughts.